Sunday, March 16, 2014

You're Gonna Want To See This!

I have to be honest.  Until about 3 years ago, I never knew that so many things could be homemade and made with things that I already have in my pantry!  I get very excited when I find a new recipe of things to make.  And as everyone knows, if you make it at home, it tastes so much better!  This recipe is no different.

Are you ready?

Are you sure??

Here it is!!!!

HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOW FLUFF!!!!!!

Oh yeah, that was NOT an error.  I made this today and I almost couldn't stop eating it right out of the jar.  :)

So here's what I did...

Ingredients:
3 large egg whites
1/3c water
2/3c plus 2T sugar
3/4c light corn syrup
1t pure vanilla extract

* Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until light and frothy.

* Keep the mixer running and slowly pour in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Continue to beat until soft peaks form.

* Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup water, corn syrup, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 240°F (it will take 10-15 minutes)

 * Turn mixer on to low and slowly pour syrup down the side of the bowl into the egg white mixture.

* Increase speed to high and beat mixture for 6-8 minutes. Pour vanilla into mixture and beat on high for around 2 more minutes, until mixture looks like marshmallow fluff.

*Let cool and then pour into air-tight container and store in fridge for up to a month.


**Don't forget to lick the whisk!!!  Don't let any of this go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment